Thursday, May 21, 2009

EOC wk 7-Rights as a Property Owner

My Rights as a Property Owner

I believe my rights as a property owner should not be limited. As the owner of the property, I am the person in charge of all payments, damages, and decisions done to the property. But with so many laws, rules and regulations, being a property owner unfortunately gives you many limited rights, which I cannot believe. Just like in the movie, it is plain and obvious to see that by being the property owner, you could have every right to throw out whoever and whatever you want out of your property. But due to many laws and regulations, the government will not let that happen. There are many steps and processing you would need to go through and maybe end up in court, spending money you did not have to begin with. I strongly believe that as a property owner, I have the right to do what I want with my property, just as long as it is legit and appropriate. I do not like the fact that in the movie, the owner of the property was being blamed for something his tenant promised and is forced to act upon, such as paying his security deposit and rent. Although the owner did not settle the situation in the most appropriate manner, it is actual natural acts that he has done, like shut off his electricity and such. Once the owner had that niche to not want that specific tenant in his home and property, he should have every right to throw him out, with his obvious reasons, like not paying his things on time. I did not like the fact that the police limited his property ownership, and told the owner of the property what to do in his own home. So as a property owner, yes, you do have many decisions that can be made up to you, but there are also some things that you cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment