Thursday, June 4, 2009

Illicit Trade-EOC

What I think about illicit trade is that I think it is very, very inappropriate and I am a hundred percent surly against it. It makes me very upset to see how much illicit trades are going on globally, and how a lot of leaders of countries are being involved, and letting this kind of crime happen. It is a very disgusting crime that goes on, and for it to be very popularly done, makes it that much more worse. One day, I plan to own my own company or fashion boutique, and plan to sell some of my own accessories and jewelry for a little costlier price point because I also want it to be a couture line. If I were to see counterfeits of my own brands or own designs being sold for cheap, it would not only give me a bad reputation because the quality will not be as great as the real product, but it would also make me lose revenue, and business because people will buy a look for less. Take the Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Prada bags for example. People will buy the look for the bag, although it is not the same quality, for less.

I also currently work for a company store called Lesportsac that sells durable travel bags made out of ripstop nylon. As our company began to progress, counterfeits were being made, and customers would come into our stores and complain about their unknowingly fake bags being poor quality. It gives our company a bad look, and obviously, we cannot say to their faces that the purse they are holding is a fake because that would only insult and hurt the customer.

So all in all, I do not support the illicit trade, no matter how much money they make, or if that is their only way for survival. I do not care at all. People that make that original product, work hard and put in a lot of effort to gain clientele and exposure for counterfeits to take everything that is left of them. We need to stop counterfeits and all illicit trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment